I had taken up a small project from the VSCP Pool. For thoes who dont know about this wonder full project VSCP stands for Very Simple Control Protocol. I started a becoming a member of the developer group in March,2009 . However I was not able to contribute much at that time.
Kosh hardware is basically a data logger for the CAN network. It would interface to an SD card and keep logging the data flow on the CAN. Also a future proposal was to enhance it so that we can have individual nodes storing data on to the Kosh Module and then fetch it back.
Today I made a little progress by freezing on the Final schematics:
I would try to post the first version code on the Source Forge.
– Check for RTC with Calender operation to be used in the File System
– Check optimality of using External RTC
– Test SD card interface at 3.3V and using level shifter, update schematics based on the choice.
– Check for Time based File write
– Implement UART based UI for updating parameters
– Add CAN related Header and framework from VSCP.
Let me know your views and comments to improve this design.